Bone Marrow Cleansing
- Begin with feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent, hands relaxed at your sides. [BREATHING SLOWLY & NATURALLY] Release all the tensions in your body and empty your mind of thought.
- [INHALING] Bring your hands forward, cupping your palms upwards as if holding a large ball. Lift the ball to chest level, imagining that the ball is the energy flowing into you through the soles of your feet and the top of your head. Rotate your hands outwards and upwards around the ball and bring your palms together at your sternum, holding the energy.
- [EXHALING] Slowly lower your hands to yours sides.
- [INHALING] Slowly raise your arms out to the sides, palms down. Feel the energy pushing your hands upwards from the earth. (Do not raise your shoulders.) Turn your palms outward, and imagine opening your body to absorb life energy from the universe through your palms and soles and crown.
- [EXHALING] Allow your arms to slowly descend to your sides. Feel the energy of earth and heaven flowing through you and into you.
- [INHALING] Allow one hand to float up, away from your body until it is above your head, palm down; at the same time, allow the other hand to drift to the small of your back and let the back of your hand come to rest there.
- [BREATHING SLOWLY & NATURALLY] Imagine the energy you have absorbed pouring from the palm of the hand above your head. Imagine it pouring over and through your entire body. Let your hand begin to descend in front of your body, washing you with energy that flows downwards through the tissue and bones into your very bone marrow, cleansing every cell of your body, carrying the toxins down into the earth through the soles of your feet.
- Allow both hands to slowly descend to your sides.
- Repeat steps 6 through 8 with the opposite hand.
- Repeat on both sides three times.
- With both arms relaxed at your sides, [INHALING] gently lift your palms towards the sky as high as you can, then bring the palms over, facing downwards above your head, fingertips close, but not touching.
- [EXHALING] Let your palms float down in front of your body allowing energy to pour from them over and through your body, through the tissues and bones, carrying toxins out into the earth through the soles of your feet.
- Allow your hands to rest at your sides while you take three slow, deep breaths and allow your energy to settle quietly into your tantien.
All QiGong exercises should be performed slowly, in rhythm with your own breathing, and you should remain as relaxed as possible throughout. Tension will block the flow of chi.
When breathing, inhale through the nose, and with the tip of the tongue touching the roof of the mouth, just behind the front teeth; and exhale through the mouth, allowing the tongue to drop naturally.