1. July 2, 1776. The Declaration was read publicly on July 4th.
2. George III was the Monarch we loved to hate.
3. Tom Jefferson wrote the Declaration. In the first draft he
included freedom for the slaves, but the rest of the members decided
they'd never be able to get the support they'd need, so it was taken
out. (P.S. Jefferson didn't free his slaves because Virginia law
that freed slaves had to leave the territory immediately; therefore,
they would be on their own, unprotected, with no means of support.
Tom wasn't a rotten person. He was a responsible one.)
4. Yeah, it was signed at the bottom, but it was also
signed in Philadelphia.
5. Trenton, NJ. He was on his way to the Battle of Trenton.